This is my #SaveUKJustice Wishlist .
As you can see I am a keen Self Learner, desiring to school myself in the ways of #DIYLawSchool.
The concept and Hashtag #DIYLawSchool is enough, I know, to send any Lawyer into fits of apoplexy because what springs to mind is not a reasoned expository History of Autodidacticism succeesses and failures, but a whole bunch of arrogant #LitigantsinPerson waving their IPad’s.
Thus any would be #SaveUKJustice Campaigner IMHO would do well to aim to follow the leads of the many fine Lawyers on the #SaveUKJustice Hashtag first, in order to understand the Law as it were from their fair hands, then to seek to provide some kind of justification for theirs endorsement, THEN and this is where it gets interesting; persuade the Public as to the Facts and Arguments of that particular Case bearing in mind that one needs to defend Decisions based on the most difficult and most complex Cases imaginable eg The Predatory Sex Abuse Case where the poor Barrister Robert Colover a well respected and regarded Lawyer has been ‘hung out to dry’ to quote a redacted Tweet.
Here it is below
As a High Profile and proud #NonLawyer just by surfing Legal Twitter I have learned just how important it is to make a note of trillions of Legal Points, if only to accumulate a lot of learning on #LegalEdontheFly.
Of course this does NOT mean one should not read Law at University, in my case choosing Research based Institutions that teach Jurisprudence, The Philosophy of Law as well as all he Standard Subjects; CRIMINAL LAW****** Tort, Property, Land Law, Constitutional Law, Employment Law, Contract Law spring to mind. (List is probably incomplete but List was from atop of my head).
Neither does it mean I want to encourage lawless LIP who cannot be controlled by even the most Saintly Judge as I have been made aware on my surfing of Legal Twitter.
Two Cases on HDD relate to difficulties posed by LIP.
Instead, just like my#AmateurAcademic Theorising was based on extensive and deep Reading. (I was asked to evaluate a Research Proposal by an NHS Professional in [Service User Mental Health long Story]. We should not have those Lawyers who follow us on Twitter, weeping into their Blackstones Criminal Procedure but mentally 🙂 🙂 🙂 ticking our efforts.
Barrister Blogger for kindly publishing my comments.
@MarkGeorgeQC who forever keeps me favouriting etc? Because he renders complex Criminal, Human Rights, Civil Liberties comprehensible, plus he is a great man and appropriately. #LegalAidWarrior from my no doubt idolised Garden Court Chambers.
Any Book by Blackstones not yet on Read List.
@Charli-RTSG for unfortunately setting great example of Blog that both discusses Justice in complex demanding manner, but also supports #saveukjustice in an equally bold couragous manner. ALL young people take note!
ALL #saveukjustice Lawyers for endless tolerance, grace, patience for helping me stay in the Race to see Grayling wholly and exhaustively defeated but as the magnificent speech by Barrister Jerry Hayes ‘toss the bone back’ [on Multiple Points]
MULTIPLE POINTS TOSS BONE BACK CHALLENGE
- SAVE THE INDEPENDENT JUDICIARY.
- SAVE THE INDEPENDENT BAR.
- SAVE ADVOCACY GENERAL. THREATS TO ADVOCATES WANTING TO DO VERY BEST JOB FOR CLIENTS AKA ‘THE PEOPLE’ ABOUND.*******
- THE THREATS TO CRIMINAL LEGAL AID PER SE.
- THREATS TO CRIMINAL ADVOCACY AS TRAINING GROUNDS FOR ADVOCACY BAR AND OR SOLS.
- SAVE JUDICIAL REVIEW***THANKS TO JOHN COOPER QC AND CHUNKY MARK FOR FINE ‘MULTIPLE POINTS’ VIDEO ON THIS FOR PUBLIC TO GRAB HOLD OFF, LISTEN TO. #WAKEUPBRITAIN.
- SAVE SOLICITORS FIRMS FROM GOING DOWN FROM A LOW 1’600 to 400 WHICH THREATENS THE PUBLIC’S ACCESS TO JUSTICE.
- SAVE THE BAR PER SE!!!!
- SAVE SMALL NICHE SPECIALIST FIRMS EG LIKE GARDEN COURT CHAMBERS, DOUGHTY STREET CHAMBERS, TOOKS ETC.
- SAVE NICHE FIRMS PER SE PUBLIC NEEDS CUTTING EDGE LAW NOT CORPORATE ONE SIZE FITS ALL STOBARTS SERCO ET AL.
- SAVE ADVOCATES FROM FURTHER CUTS.THE DEATH OF A THOUSAND CUTS HAS GONE TOO FAR. FIRMS CAN NOT NOT TAKE 17% CUTS WITHOUT THREATS OF FURTHER ATTRITION .